Followers

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

I'm so dangerous I should be locked up

Morning everybody

The sun is shining yet again today, not sure how long it's going to last but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I did something very stupid and very dangerous yesterday, as most of you on here know me you know that I suffer badly with Fibromyalgia and one of the symptoms of this is very poor memory and concentration so I have to do things when the old brain let me without the fibro-fog, well yesterday was one of the days I should have listened to my body but didn't tired to carry on as if nothing was wrong well.............

I decided I was going to make my boxes for my soap easy not much to do print off the writing and put through the cameo that went ok, I then decided I was going to do some blogging ok not too strenuous or dangerous, Alan took the dog out and I though mmmm I'll make a couple of container candles, started to melt the wax and thought oh ill just finish putting those last few soaps into the boxes, then emails's came through so started reading them, then next thing I knew the smoke alarms were going off like crazy, I hobbled into the kitchen and the pan was on fire.

By this time Alan had walked through the door along with Bella and took over wet a tea towel and placed it gently over the pan this then doused the flames but my god the smell it is still with us this morning even though we have had the windows open all night. So my lesson today is never leave a pan with oil in it on the hot stove to melt on its own always stay with it.  When I think of the consequences of what I did I feel sick to my stomach.  I have never ever done anything like this before but guess what wake up call cos will never do it again either.  It frightened me that I had forgotten something so important.  What would have happened if I had gone out, I would have lost everything in the home including Bella and this made me cry.  I am starting to lose my marbles with this stupid syndrome as my memory is completely shot but this time it wasn't something silly like keys in freezer etc it was something really dangerous and life threatening.



Enough


Well I promised you yesterday that I would show you a little project I have been working on and here it is



Also before trying to set the kitchen alight made this

and these 


Well I need to do wait for it that dreaded word, a little bit of housework before I start stopping by everybody's blog so will catch up with you all later.

Love Alison xx 

14 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a scare with the pan on fire. Good luck for your future.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison what a good job Alan came home, I dread to think what could have happened. Love all your projects for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were sooo very lucky this tme Alison..next time set timers on everything so when they yell at you ..you will remember to go back to it..but I must admit.. easy to do even with a good memory..love your cute little dog and gorgeous card..take care.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! its funny, but I can understand your fear - Geoff left the gas switched on having made lunch, with an oven tray over the top - ruined the oven tray but luckily nothing else & no one tried to pick it up!

    Love the card, stunning work & as long as you keep away from heat guns, there should be nothing too dangerous crafting!

    Hope to see you soon

    Love

    Rach
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Alison, not the best of days then, but hey, you got away with it, learned your lesson and won't do that again. Hope your feeling better again soon. Love your projects, those candles look so pretty, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. not a good day but at least not too much harm done -love the card and little dog and beautiful candles
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alison, ooooh sounds like you had a nasty scare there! Maybe time to only do one thing at a time? I know what it's like, rushing around trying to do six things at once, luckily I've never set a pan on fire but I have left things in the wrong places and can't find them again!

    Your candle is so cute and love the ickle doggy!

    Hope the rest of your week is better.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my ... Alison, how frightening for you. Thank goodness you're all safe. I do love your projects...I would have written more but I;m off to bed, just wanted to say thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my giddy aunt lol, it can happen in a moment...next time do one thing at a time... great creations though.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Alison, thank goodness for smoke alarms, this shows how priceless they are!!!!!
    Lovely little pooch and a beautiful card and candles :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Alison, that could have been so much worse for you. Thank goodness the smoke alarms went off.
    Your little dog is adorable, I love your beautiful cards and gorgeous candles too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm saying prayers of thanks that nothing really terrible happened, Alison. God was watching over you for sure. Darling little red pup and I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Card and the sweet Image.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Alison, When I read your blog just now I can totally understand where you are coming from. Suffering from Fibromyalgia is a cruel and very frustrating illness. We are told to use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to try and ignore the pain and concentrate on other things like a hobby etc... I can relate to what you did, little things at a time, changing your projects to suit your pain however it is occurring at that moment of the day. I am aware how you can get busy doing one thing and forget that you have started another. I use forget in a very light sense because having Fibro-fog can be all consuming, I am so happy to hear that no harm was done except an awful smell left around your home, I hope the stress you went through from hearing the smoke alarms going off to finding the pan fire has not increased your pain level or you haven't suffered a flare up from this incident.
    Take care Alison
    A fellow sufferer of Fibromyalgia Calx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you for leaving a message for me I really appreciate your taking time out to take a look and comment. Alison x