Sunday 12 December 2021

Feeling Sad

 Afternoon all

I am a bit sad today, I have been speaking to my eldest brother this morning and he has told me he is on his own this year for Christmas.  His eldest son has been very ill this year in and out of hospital and usually Bill goes to them as Richard helps my brother by carrying him up the steps to the house ( my brother had his leg removed a couple of years ago and now his good leg is playing up so he is unable to stand due to extreme pain).  His youngest son recently split with his wife and so he is going to his mum’s with the children, again too many steps for my brother to get into the house.

He lives around 300 miles from me and only has two bedrooms and as Sarah our youngest is with us over Christmas there is not enough room for us to visit him and I live in a 1 bedroom bungalow so no room for him to come here.  I am distressed at the thought of him being on his own.

Sorry just needed to explode.  I am showcasing another card which was commissioned and hope you like it.



 
Well that’s it for now sorry for burbling all over you 
Love Alison



13 comments:

cotnob said...

A sweet card Alison, such a cute image.
I'm sorry to hear that your Brother will be alone this Christmas, hopefully he has some friends that might pop in and see him.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

Another adorable image and card Alison.Hopefully your brother will have someone pop in to see him, and family will phone

Conniecrafter said...

Aww that is a sweet little image.
I am sorry to hear about all your brother is going through. I understand, my daughter is a 14 hour drive from us and she will be alone for Christmas, I just sent a package for her to open that day and we will talk on the phone, next best thing :)

brenda said...

Understand how you are feeling, Christmas can bring out so many hidden emotions. Three of my children live miles away and last Christmas was so weird not seeing them because of COVID. Was an odd Christmas dinner after years of cooking for a dozen or more.

But your card is very sweet.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute car and image-love the sparkle.Sorry to hear about your brother been alone at Christmas!
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is adorable Alison, it's a treasure keeper to be sure.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother Alison, it's so sad for him to be on his own, I'm sure lots of phone calls? will make it easier for him. My brother has his first Christmas without his wife, luckily he is only 5 miles away and comes here every Sunday, he will join us for Christmas, his daughter is 300 or more miles away also. So many sad things and reflections at this time of year making so many of us think of others. I'm sure he knows how you feel.
Keep safe
Faith x

Jane Savage said...

Lovely card Alison! It is always sad to think of a loved one being on their own especially at Christmas. Hope you will be able to work something out, maybe video calls could help a little! Hugs xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Alison such an adorable image I am so sorry to hear that your brother will be on his own this Christmas this is the time when it is felt most as most people will be with friends or family,
hugs
lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and very sweet design...x

Chrissy said...

Such a little cutie, gorgeous card, and so sorry about your Brother all alone for Christmas..such a sad time for some..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

A sweetie of an image and I LOve your colours.
It's such an emotional time, and so difficult when you've thought of all possibilities. I speak/see to my daughter every day on WhatsApps not the best, but, it helps bridge the gap.
Chrissyxx

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card and adorable image. Sending you big hugs. Emmaxxx

Jill said...

So very sorry to bear about your brother. Sending you and family hugs!!
Wonderful card