Monday 13 December 2021

Finished project

 Morning all

Busy day ahead I have my sewing group this afternoon, it’s the last one before Christmas, I also have to shop this morning as will need milk and mince pies for this afternoon, was going to make them but ran out of time.

I mentioned a project I was working on a while ago and have finally finished it, these are for my granddaughter as a Christmas present so I hope she likes them



I am not sure if I can explain how these are made, started off with a blank canvas, cut out three layers of thick card in shapes required then glued them together.  Scrunched up plumbing tape and layer all over board then using a ball tool made sure all the edges of images were defined and then used the roller ball to go over the rest of the board.  Covered with black acrylic paint with a sponge then left for 10 minutes before taking a cloth and wiping the painted surface to make the image look like burnished metal.  Cover with three coats of varnish leaving each coat to dry all finished

Will pop by later to comment on your blogs

Love Alison




11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and it looks fab Alison

gr karin

meg said...

Fantastic projects Alison,she's going to be delighted with them

crafty-stamper said...

WOW both look fantastic
Carol x

brenda said...

These look fabulous Alison and interesting techniques.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

They looks fabulous Alison, and I'm sure your Granddaughter will love them, an amazing technique, Kate x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are so cool, great technique, sure she will love them!

cotnob said...

They are fabulous Alison, I'm sure your Granddaughter will love them.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Alison..I love doing canvases too, using mixed media stuff, so much fun and I love the finished colours here..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous! I've never ever made a Canvas.
I'm positive they will be loved.
Chrissyxx

EmmaT said...

Amazing creations, so effective. Emmax

Jill said...

Wow this is soo unique!! Thoughtful and precious gift