Followers

Sunday, 12 January 2014

Had A Great Time

Hi All

Had a lovely afternoon at Rachel's doing a bit of crafting - colouring images in ready to make cards with.  We also discussed my website and the fact that some of my cards because I have made them with Crafter's Companion images I am not allowed to put them online, also the bag I made for my soap is also due to copyright laws not suitable for me to use commercially and a couple of other things came to light so I have decided to close the website for now and just concentrate on a few more markets which when looking we have found one that is only held 4 times a year so Rachel and I are thinking of doing that together and I can concentrate on getting my soap stocks built again and making some more candles.    In a way it's a relief knowing that I don't have to keep the pace up in making soap etc.

My new soap moulds turned up today so am going to have a go at making some more soap tomorrow think it is the turn of unscented and also lavender, and if I have enough lavender and patchouli which always sells well.

On another positive note I have found a course that offers a more in-depth knowledge of soap making so am going to book myself onto that.  I am also going to start using my poor neglected sewing machine and will post my make when I have completed it, have started cutting material already lol.  I have ordered myself a pattern for a couple of bags that I would like to make but before that I need to make a nice cover for my sewing machine.

Well that's it from me for now have no card to post as I did not get around to making one but will try and sort something out for tomorrow.


Night Night

Love Alison 


4 comments:

  1. Awww, you really did not need to close your website, but it really is a minefield making sure you do not fall foul of copyright law. It will be great fun do some fairs together - will have to start building up my stocks & think of some other things to make so that we compliment each other.
    Had a great time yesterday & hopefully we can get together again next weekend.

    Love, Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a very productive afternoon Alison, it will be nice to do some craft fairs with a friend - much more fun than on your own.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. © laws are strong, glad you realised before too late. Have fun at the fair.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that all sounds very exciting ... copyrite is a big problem ... but good luck with your new venture ... thank you so much for visiting my blog today ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you for leaving a message for me I really appreciate your taking time out to take a look and comment. Alison x