Sunday 12 January 2014

Had A Great Time

Hi All

Had a lovely afternoon at Rachel's doing a bit of crafting - colouring images in ready to make cards with.  We also discussed my website and the fact that some of my cards because I have made them with Crafter's Companion images I am not allowed to put them online, also the bag I made for my soap is also due to copyright laws not suitable for me to use commercially and a couple of other things came to light so I have decided to close the website for now and just concentrate on a few more markets which when looking we have found one that is only held 4 times a year so Rachel and I are thinking of doing that together and I can concentrate on getting my soap stocks built again and making some more candles.    In a way it's a relief knowing that I don't have to keep the pace up in making soap etc.

My new soap moulds turned up today so am going to have a go at making some more soap tomorrow think it is the turn of unscented and also lavender, and if I have enough lavender and patchouli which always sells well.

On another positive note I have found a course that offers a more in-depth knowledge of soap making so am going to book myself onto that.  I am also going to start using my poor neglected sewing machine and will post my make when I have completed it, have started cutting material already lol.  I have ordered myself a pattern for a couple of bags that I would like to make but before that I need to make a nice cover for my sewing machine.

Well that's it from me for now have no card to post as I did not get around to making one but will try and sort something out for tomorrow.


Night Night

Love Alison 


4 comments:

Rachel Webber said...

Awww, you really did not need to close your website, but it really is a minefield making sure you do not fall foul of copyright law. It will be great fun do some fairs together - will have to start building up my stocks & think of some other things to make so that we compliment each other.
Had a great time yesterday & hopefully we can get together again next weekend.

Love, Rach x

cotnob said...

It sounds like you had a very productive afternoon Alison, it will be nice to do some craft fairs with a friend - much more fun than on your own.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

© laws are strong, glad you realised before too late. Have fun at the fair.xxxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow that all sounds very exciting ... copyrite is a big problem ... but good luck with your new venture ... thank you so much for visiting my blog today ... happy crafting and love sandy xx