Tuesday 14 January 2014

Such a Naughty Blogger

Hi Everybody

Not caught up with you for a few days as I have been trying to sort my soap out which thankfully all done, I phoned The Soap Kitchen, where I buy all my stuff from to make soap and candles as their customer service is first rate and the staff all fall over themselves to help you fantastic service.  I spoke with Richard who is the founder of the company and explained that I had changed my soap moulds to loaf mould to tray mould and explained that my soap was the same texture of goats cheese.

He took my recipe that I use to make my soap and went away for a short while, within the hour I had a call from him telling me my recipe was wrong for tray moulds and gave me the correct format using my ingredients well chuffed will have a go tomorrow and see.

In the meantime I have rebatched the soap that went wrong added some colourant to make swirls in the soap and they have turned out perfect, only have to let them cure now for 4-6 weeks and all ready for the next market I attend.

Below is Lavender & Patchouli Soap 
This is re-batched soap (or French Milled) depends where you are from



Now just have to cure them and box them 

Will be back later on to do some blog hopping.

Love Alison xx



7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

They look wonderful well done Ginny♥

crafty-stamper said...

They look great and they sound fabuous
carol x

coops said...

your soap looks fabulous alsion and i bet it smells gorgeous too :D

xx coops xx

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Alison, what great service you received from that supplier, sometimes, someone goes that little bit further and I think that is fantastic. I love the idea that you can make really special soap, it's something I haven't tried before although my nextdoor neighbour owns a company which makes amazing moulds http://www.siliconemoulds.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1357223 I think they are inexpensive and they do have a very good name around here.

Janice said...

Looking lovely - bet you can't wait for bath time... in 5-6weeks time obviously! Jx

Sue said...

So pleased you got such good service!
Your soap looks wonderful and I bet it smells fantastic too!
hugs Sue xx

Jackie said...

'Tis very pretty soap Alison, glad you were able to sort it out :o)
Jackie xx