Thursday 23 January 2014

Some Wonderful News + Card for DT Call

Hi All

Hope you are all ok and hugs to those who are not.  I have had some fantastic news, yesterday out of the blue I recieved a telephone call from a lovely lady by the name of Deirdre from the Army/Devon & Dorset's magazine who had been given my name by one of her colleagues and she said she had seen my Facebook page Crafts by Alison and wondered if I would like to advertise my wares in their monthly magazine for a fee of £99.00 a year, the magazine is published monthly and my advert would go in every month for 12 months, of course I jumped at the chance so now all I have to do is update my Facebook page as have not really been putting anything on it.  What a brilliant opportunity am doing a happy jig, sitting in my chair as still having trouble with my back.


As you all know if you have read my previous blog they are having a DT call over at Cuddly Buddly  and I previsously made a card but then realised that I had to use things I had bought from the shop at Cuddly Buddly so had to make another one this is the card/box and bag I made with Kim Macfarlane's template and teddy bear plus papers patchwork blue's, coloured the image with promarkers cut out the pram, safety pin and Baby sentiment from a Marilyn die that had been bought for me previously from Cuddly Buddly by one of my sisters as a present, the ribbon is around the box is also from cuddly buddly, the rest if from stash as I have to use some of my stash before I can think about buying any more as I will get told off my hubby for overspending my monthly craft pennies.

Project underway
this is the start of the box cutting all hard lines and folding on dotted line
the other side of the card has been printed with one of the downloaded patchwork blue papers


Cutting and folding the stepper card again other side of card is decorated with the downloaded patchwork blue papers

Making the box neat


Decorating the box used Ribbon from Cuddly Buddly and pearls from stash 



So here we go with the card, box and gift bag which was a last minute make.


I really enjoyed making this hope you like it.

Alison xxx





17 comments:

Janice said...

Who's a happy bunny then! Great advertising news. Love today's makes, what a great baby set. Think you should go for a soak in the bath after tea to try and get rid of the back ache, Jx

Chrissy said...

Congratulations Alison..how wonderful and think of the exposure..you are going to be a real busy Bee..and I just love your Baby card box and gift bag..fabulous work.

luv CHRISSYxx

ALI said...

Great projects Alison, Goodluck with the mag.

Sue said...

Great news about the advertising Alison.
Your card, box and bag are gorgeous, I love the designs and beautiful colours with such pretty detailing too. Good luck with the DT call.
hugs Sue xx

coops said...

wow this is fabulous alison.a really beautiful keepsake :D

xx coops xx

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Wonderful news Alison about the magazine and such. Also great make for a baby, love the box and the card. Great job
Cindy

Unknown said...

That's fab news about the magazine Alison - I hope it brings in lots of business for you. Wonderful card and box as well - it's gorgeous. Best of luck with the DT call.

Sarah

Amy A said...

Alison, this turned out beautifully! Love the blues and that image is just adorable! Good luck with the DT call, it really is stunning work.

Hugs!

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous set Alison, so sweet...Good luck with the DT call and fantastic news about the magazine.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Super news my friend, just fabulous for you....love the creation you have made it's gorgeous.xxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card and box Alison. Congratulations, nice to get something back for a change :o)
Jackie xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful news Alison about the magazine. A fabulous card as always good luck Ginny x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Alison, Gorgeous card and box...good luck with the DT call....Joolsx

Unknown said...

Hi Alison, that's a wonderful card and box, I love the pram diecut you have used and a stepper card is a great way to show it off! Thanks for leaving such nice comments on my blog. You are lovely. Maddy x

cotnob said...

Brilliant news about the advertising Alison.
A fabulous matching card, box and bag, beautiful colours and lovely details - good luck with the DT call.
Pauline
x

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful instructions, Alison, and those seem to be excellent templates for the box and step card. Love your paper choice and the flowered ribbon is wonderful on the box lid. Well done!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful set love the matching box and beautiful card and love the dies
Carol x