Monday 18 October 2021

Being a bit thick

 Can anyone help please I am trying add a page for recipes next to my home button but when I do it just takes me back to my home page, I have tried googling it but this is just confusing me, I have tried on the laptop but to no avail.   

Well it’s now 23.25 and I have been trying since 18.00 to try and put pages onto my blog it will let me add them but then just keeps sending me back to the home page don’t know what I am doing wrong but giving up ready to throw the damn thing in the bin very frustrated

Alison xx

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

I am on a computer so not sure if it is the same at the top right hand side of blog it says new post and design -if you click on design it brings up a list on left hand side click on pages and at the top it says add new page-hope this works
Carol x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Carol tried that it didn’t work not sure what else to do will keep working on it. Thanks anyway love Alison x

brenda said...

It's all change in just the last few weeks Alison and I struggled to do a new page at the weekend as it got much more complicated. This is how it eventually worked for me:

On your dashboard select pages, then write up your new page in the same way as a new post and click publish (although at that point it won't have published).

Next copy the url of the page you created, the bit at the very top which starts with https:/

Now go back to our dashboard and select Layout, the go to cross-column pages (it should be the second or third display down. Click edit which open up a box, scroll to the bottom until you see 'add a new item' add the link you copies, save and also save at the bottom. It should now show on your blog.

brenda said...

If you want any more help with it please mail me, you'll find a link to me on the sidebars of Allsorts, SS and WLCB. More than happy to help.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Brenda you are brilliant thank you so long winded but we got there, do I have to do that every time I want to add a recipe. Thank you so much you are a star. Alison x