Thursday 14 October 2021

Bored with Christmas Cards

 Afternoon all

Hoe you are well and welcome to my new followers.  I was getting bored with making Christmas cards and decided to play with a stencil I bought at the Exeter Show in September, I have hardly ever used stencils so this is a learning curve for me, but I love dandelions it reminds me of my eldest daughter who right into her 30’s believed that the seeds from dandelions were fairies lol.  For those that followed me years ago know that my daughter Pauline stopped speaking to me in 2003 when she got married although she did tolerate me at family gatherings, things came to a head about two years ago and now she has cut me out of her life altogether but life goes on.


So here is my card 


I used Tim Holtz distress inks paper and card from stash.  I am off to cook dinner just now am making homemade beef burgers and sweet potato chips made in the actifry with homemade onion rings, corn on the cob with a garlic dip.

Love Alison

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful stencil and card Alison, love the colours and your design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the beautiful dandelion stencil---what what what you mean they are not Fairies???
Sorry to hear about Pauline I do remember but sory to hear it is so final-dinner sounds delicious
Carol x

meg said...

You chose beautiful colours for your dandelion card,it's gorgeous

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning colours, the TH image is adorable. x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Alison a fabulous stencil and lovely colour choices.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is beautiful, such a lovely stencil and a lovely design.
So sorry to hear of your family troubles Alison, but never give up hope and keep the channels of communication open, take care, Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Alison I know the feeling I was only saying to my partner the other day that I am already fed up with making festive cards, lol, I still have loads to do but like you I often take time out to do something different and this is absolutely gorgeous I love the colours and image you have used it has a very nice designer look to it.
hugs
lorraine x

NanaConnie said...

So beautifully done, Alison! Love the dies you chose and your color combo is marvelous.

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous, love the colours. Emmax